Bursary Fund

IOM Bursaries are designed to support musicians and students wanting to engage with our range of courses, resources and events, supported by our GoFundMe campaign. If you’d like to donate, please visit our GoFundMe page.

We are acutely aware of the hardship currently faced by musicians both through lack of work and lack of motivation to play, develop and perform. This bursary is made possible by generous donations to our GoFundMe campaign and will enable musicians to develop, explore and connect in new ways.

How the IOM Bursaries Work

The IOM Bursaries top up IOM course fees to the value of £120, allowing you to book any number of classes up to that value at a significantly reduced rate. All classes must be booked at the same time using a unique bursary code. If you book less than £120-worth, any remaining funds cannot be carried forward, but you can reapply for another bursary in the future if needed. Bursary codes will be valid for up to 2 months only. Details of how to apply are below.

IOM STUDENT BURSARY

 

IOM Student Bursaries will be awarded to selected students holding a current student ID and who successfully fill in an application form. There are a limited number of bursary places available in each application round. You pay just 50% of the costs and the IOM Student Bursary tops up the other 50% (up to £60) to a total of £120.

 

You can book classes up to £120 (or totalling less than £120) and you will pay half price for those classes. For example, if you book a 1 to 1 lesson with Lucy Russell or Sophie Renshaw at £80 you will pay £40. But you can also add a couple of group classes with Mairi Campbell, discussion groups with Liz Dilnot Johnson or warm up sessions with Ruth Phillips.

 

(If you book less than £120-worth of classes, any remaining funds cannot be carried forward but you can reapply for another bursary in the future if needed).

 

IOM ENERGISER BURSARY

 

IOM Energiser Bursaries will be awarded to selected applicants who fill in application form. There are a limited number of bursary places available in each application round. You will pay just 10% of the costs (e.g. up to a maximum of £12 in all) and the IOM Energiser Bursary will top up the remaining 90% of the costs (up to £108), total £120.

 

The IOM Energiser Bursary is designed for musicians who are unable to pay the full rates due to lack of income.

 

You can book classes up to £120 (or totalling less than £120) and you will pay 10% of the price for those classes. For example, if you book a 1 to 1 lesson with Lucy Russell or Sophie Renshaw at £80 you will pay just £8. But you can also add a couple of group classes with Mairi Campbell, discussion groups with Liz Dilnot Johnson or warm up sessions with Ruth Phillips.

 

(If you book less than £120-worth, any remaining funds cannot be carried forward but you can reapply for another bursary in the future if needed.) There are a limited number of IOM Bursaries available:

 

Round 3: closing date Friday 15th January 2021 5pm

 

To apply email bursary@insideoutmusician.com with this information:

 

  1. Your name, your instrument and at what level you play (i.e. professional performer, teacher, amateur or student) and where you are based in the UK.
  2. List which IOM classes you would like to attend up to (or less than) a total value of £120. These can include any mixture of group classes, 1 to 1 lessons, discussion groups and/or other IOM events.
  3. Please write a short paragraph explaining why you need an IOM Student Bursary or an IOM Energiser Bursary?
  4. Tell us how you hope to benefit from being awarded an IOM Bursary?
  5. If you are a student please attach a clear photo of your current Student ID card.
  6. Confirm you agree to fill in a short evaluation for the IOM website.

 

If you are awarded a bursary you will be given a unique bursary code. When you book online you will be able to enter the code at the checkout to access the discounted price.

 

Do not book classes before you have been given the bursary code as no refunds will be available.